Hello LWA Members,
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather. With the beautiful weather, means more rides. With that being said, Governor Tom Wolf has announced that PA is moving to the “Green Phase” on Friday, June 26th. With this announcement, LWA Board has met and agreed to increase our Group Ride limit from six riders to ten riders.
With the change of the group ride limit to ten, LWA is still waving the “caution flag” and asks members to continue to follow the guidelines below. I remind you, COVID-19 hasn't disappeared. Please follow the guides for both You and for Your Riding Friends' safety!
The following guidelines for LWA group rides are in effect June 26, 2020. When a ride is posted on Meetup, please be familiar with the following ride guidelines, which Ride Leaders are asked to include on Meetup posts:
LWA GREEN PHASE Group Ride Guidelines.
* All riders must be free of any COVID related symptoms for the past 14 days. If you are feeling sick, please do not ride, stay at home!
* No more than 10 riders per group. Day-of ride walk-ons will not be permitted - you must RSVP through MeetUp to reserve your spot.
* Social Distancing is required. Masks/face coverings must be carried with you at all times and used when within 6 feet of other riders. (e.g., in the parking lot, at rest stops, if stopped to help with repairs.)
* Side by side riding must remain 6 feet apart, if it is safe to do so.
* Riders should stay 20 feet or more behind the rider in front (about 4 bike lengths). We realize this may be hard to do, but please do your best. No pacelines!
* If you must sneeze, cough, blow your nose, etc., safely reposition yourself to ensure that no one is in your slipstream.
* Rides are to be posted with staggered start times.
* No two rides should leave from the same location, at the same time using the same route.
* No Monday Night Group Rides.
* No Grill n Chills until further notice.
With these guides in place, we hope to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to our members. It's all about common sense and safety! Please practice common courtesy toward your fellow riders. Thank you for your patience while we continue to work our way through these unusual circumstances. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make further changes as needed.