At our LWA Monthly meeting on April 28, we presented some important information on LWA Rides and Events and other benefits of membership.
Here is a summary of what we presented:
• Kathy Crampton, and I covered the following facts about rides and events:
- LWA sponsors supervised group cycling rides and other events planned by the LWA Officers and Board.
- LWA posts these group cycling rides and events on LWA Meetup and has insurance coverage for these sponsored rides and events.
- For Non-LWA Events, LWA Members may post certain activities/events on Meetup but no LWA insurance is in place for these activities and the LWA who posts these non LWA events must attend the event in order to post it.
- LWA Ride Leaders receive ride credit for group cycling rides both in person and virtual (see below for information on virtual rides.)
• Roberta Kates shared that LWA affiliation with USA Cycling require that when attendees on LWA events are less than 18 years, LWA board members/officers and Ride Leaders are required to be SafeSports certified https://usacycling.org/safesport/safesport-education-policy
• Dave Drummer presented how club members can use Rouvy for virtual rides during inclement weather. See this link for details: LWA Virtual rides (lehighwheelmen.org)
• Paul Smith then covered how club members can use the LWA Ride with GPS account. See this link for details:https://lehighwheelmen.org/files/documents/RideWithGPSClubAccountB.pdf
If you have any questions about any of this information, please ask me or any other LWA officer or Board Member.